Saturday, November 03, 2007

Gossip By The Pool



Will someone please get me a waterproof iPod ...... I need it after my morning swim when I am sitting in the jacuzzi @ Elgin West on Saturday mornings.

Sitting in the jacuzzi after swimming in the main pool is good therapy for me (and I believe for other swimmers too). It is the time for me to cool down and meditate. However, ever since I started swimming on Saturday mornings, there is this Chinese woman who seems to know everyone in the jacuzzi and they just won't gossiping about their friends and colleagues and everybody else.

Oh my ... gimme a break please.

When I told this to Bea, she told me that it is just the same on the GO Train every morning. Some of the passengers also gossip non-stop from the Richmond Hill station to the Union station! She told me that those look like they are OLs or secretaries.

I forgot who it was, but he said this which makes a lot of sense:

SMART PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS. SMALL PEOPLE JUST TALK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE AND NOTHING ELSE.


No comments: