Sunday, May 20, 2007

While working, what is the hearse driver thinking (... and doing in addition to driving??)




While merging into northbound 404 yesterday, I actually "merged" into a funeral procession -- you know, the typical North American standard type: Police cars with red flashing lights in the front, the hearse with purple flashing lights (why are they using purple? and when did this start?) following, then followed by the grieving family's limo, then other family members, relatives and friends, etc.

Minding my own business, I got out of the right lane and took off onto the passing lane and picked up speed to pass the procession. When I came up to the hearse, I looked over and saw that there was the driver but no one was sitting next to him. This started me thinking......

1. Hmmm... only him and the casket (with the deceased inside obviously!);
2. In addition to driving, what else would he be doing/thinking?
3. Would he be listening to some music on CD?
4. If not, it would be "dead quiet"! (No pun intended).
5. In that case, would he try to carry on a mental dialogue with his "passenger"?
6. If the music was on, what genre of music would the driver be listening to?
7. Classical (the most obvious choice)? Jazz? Easy listening? Rock n' Roll? Or even heavy metal?? How about Chinese opera (if the passenger was an old Chinese senior)???
8. If it's radio instead of CD, would it rather be 680News for up to the minute traffic and weather? Or NewsTalk 1010 CFRB?? Or even some sports radio like Fan590 for sports updates???

I know I know, some wierd thoughts you would say. But I think sometimes it's worth thinking about!

Photo Credits (From top):
http://www.hearse.com

www.sptimes.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

可能.. 聽緊"敢瘦中華撞完紅"呢! (定係淨水三人組?)