Sunday, July 16, 2006

TEQUILA LIME SHRIMP

I picked up this receipe from the in-flight magazine (SkyService) on our returning flight to Toronto from Cancun, Mexico on June 5.

I am going to try it during our small group meeting tonight at Spencer and Grace's home.


TEQUILA LIME SHRIMP
(Courtesy Mexico Tourism Board)

2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tbsp tequila
juice of 1 lime
1/s tsp crused red pepper flakes

(note: I will use the white tequila given to us by the hotel, and as I do not have red pepper flakes at home, I will be using paprika available at Grace's home.)

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Stir in tequila, lime juice and pepper flakes. Cook 2 minutes or until about half of the liquid evaporates and shrimp are pink and glazed.

Serves 4-6 as a main course.

No comments: